So you are considering buying your ticket to one of our Temecula hot air balloon tours. You could be doing it because you are looking to cross another activity off of your bucket list, because you simply feel like it would be interesting, or you could even be looking to purpose to your significant other — and all are understandable reasons.
Regardless of the reason that you are considering a Temecula balloon ride, it is important that you are prepared for your upcoming tour — because being prepared will make your experience a lot more enjoyable. In an effort to help you prepare for your upcoming wine country balloon tour, we see it fit to discuss some basic preparations that should be made, as well as some expectations that you should have for your trip.
Preparing For Your Float
Before you show up to the takeoff location, it is important that you make a list of things that you will need, check it twice, and then check it again. We cannot stress the importance of being prepared enough — because when you are prepared, you will enjoy yourself much more. Below, we have outlined a few things that you should consider before the day of the flight.
What To Wear
One of the most important things that you can do when preparing for your Temecula hot air balloon tour is to dress appropriately. When you are dressing for your tour, we strongly advise that you utilize the following clothing items.
- Boots/Sneakers With High Socks – When you look at a hot air balloon, what is the part of the balloon that you think is used to steer? The correct answer is that there isn’t one. While our operators are extremely talented when it comes to navigating the skies, we cannot guarantee the exact location that we land. Because of this, it is important to be prepared to walk the short distance from the landing point to the retrieval limo.
- Pants That You Can Move In – When preparing to launch, all of those in attendance of the tour will be asked to climb into the basket (gondola). Because of this, it is important that you wear a pair of pants that are durable enough and flexible enough for you to swing your leg up over the basket.
- Hat – While hats are usually seen as a preference when it comes to choosing an outfit, we strongly suggest that you include a hat. When ballooning, hats protect your head from the burner — the large live flame above your head that creates lift and allows us to fly. Additionally, the hat will shield you from the sun — because nobody likes sunburns.
- Layers – There are two reasons that you might want to bring layers. First, it can be cold at higher elevations reached by the balloon. Second, on warmer days, the burner can make the basket temperature rather toasty — having layers will allow you to warm yourself up or cool yourself down in either situation.
Additional Items To Bring
- Any medications that you might need
- A positive attitude!
What To Expect From Your Temecula Balloon Ride
When it comes to our Temecula Valley hot air balloon rides, there are really only two things that you need to know about — the takeoff and the landing. The rest of the time all you need to worry about is having fun!
What To Expect During Takeoff
During the inflation process, you will meet our team, and more specifically, the staff member that will be piloting your balloon. As you meet the staff and other passengers (unless you choose a private flight) the balloon will begin to inflate as it lays on its side.
As the balloon inflates, our staff will check all of the equipment one last time before launch. If there is one thing that we cannot stress enough, it is that while the balloon is inflating you will have your last opportunity to use the restroom — and we suggest that you use it.
What To Expect During Landing
Some people would say that the landing process is the most fun part of the entire Temecula Valley hot air balloon tour. In fact, depending on the weather conditions at the time of the landing can be made quite differently. In calm winds, we might be able to make a “stand up landing” meaning that we touch down as gently as we took off. In more serious winds, we might perform a sliding landing where the basket tip sideways and drags along the ground until the balloon comes to a stop and deflates.
Book Your Flight Today!
At Sunrise Balloons, we offer hot air balloon rides to groups, private parties, and TV and film producers looking for aerial shots — heck, we even offer e-bike tours. If you are interested in traveling through and exploring Temecula wine country, on the ground or in the air, we urge you to get in touch with us right away to purchase your ticket.